Avgolemono: Greek Egg-Lemon Soup
Greek "Egg-Lemon" soup brings an additional layer of flavor and tartness to the "Simple Chicken Soup" recipe.
- 3 whole raw eggs
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- A blender
- Once the "Simple Chicken Soup" is finished, this last step needs to be done very slowly. In a blender on low speed, add the two raw eggs and the juice of one large lemon. Mix together for 15 seconds.
- Carefully, with a measuring cup, scoop out 2 cups of hot broth from the soup. While the eggs and lemon juice are blending, SLOWLY pour the hot chicken broth into the blender.
- Let everything blend for about 30 seconds.
- Take the soup away from heat and SLOWLY pour the broth-egg-lemon mixture back into the pot.
- Give one last stir and there you have an entirely different soup in seconds!
Kali Orexi, Enjoy Your Meal!
Recipe by Thyme with Catherine at http://thymewithcatherine.com/avgolemono-greek-egg-lemon-soup/