Blueberry Banana Bread with Walnut Crumbles
Yield 1 loaf
Lite and fluffy blueberry- banana bread with sweet walnut crumbles.
Blueberry banana bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup blueberries
Walnut sugar crumble:
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter
- Add walnuts to a food processor, pulse until they become fine. About 1 minute.
- Add the walnuts, flour, and sugar to a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the cold butter into cubes.
- Using your clean hands, work in butter pieces to the dry mix until large clumps form.
For the bread:
- Using a handheld mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add eggs and bananas, then continue to mixing for about two minutes on low speed.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° 45-50 minutes.
Recipe by Thyme with Catherine at http://thymewithcatherine.com/blueberry-banana-bread-with-walnut-crumbles/