Blueberry Banana Bread with Walnut Crumbles
Yield 1 loaf
Lite and fluffy blueberry- banana bread with sweet walnut crumbles.
Blueberry banana bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
Walnut sugar crumble:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter
- Add walnuts to a food processor, pulse until they become fine. About 1 minute.
- Add the walnuts, flour, and sugar to a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the chilled butter into pieces.
- Then using your hands, work in butter pieces to the dry mix until large clumps form. Set 1 cup of mixture aside.
For the bread:
- Using a standard mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add eggs and bananas, then continue to mixing for about two minutes on low speed.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the mixer and continue on low for another 2 minutes or until thing is blended nicely.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer, and gently fold in the blueberries using a spatula.
- Pour the batter into a greased and flour loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° 45-50 minutes.
Recipe by Thyme with Catherine at http://thymewithcatherine.com/blueberry-banana-bread-with-walnut-crumbles/