We are blessed to have a houseful of little ladies. We have four very active young ladies, to be exact.
Like most families, we are eyes-deep with the everyday adventures of homework, soccer, tennis, drama… and a few other things I know I’m forgetting. Our girls are constantly on the go, and, as soon as they come home from school, it’s to the pantry they run. We always keep a fresh veggie platter and cheese plate in the fridge, so they know to eat healthy first, then grab a snack.
As parents, it’s our responsibility to make sure our children are getting in the right foods. In reality, this can be pretty difficult with “The Picky Eater.”
When packing lunch for school, I like to get creative with the selections. If they eat the same things, they’ll get tired of them.
Here are some things I do for my girls’ school lunch bags:
- Give kids a variety, and make it fun by using cookie cutters to make shapes out of their sandwiches.
- Cherry tomato, small cube of feta, and a black olive on a toothpick.
- Use a spinach wrap instead of bread, roll & cut like sushi rolls.
- Deconstructed sandwich: Whole wheat crackers, cheese, and turkey.
- Leftover pizza bites: Use a small cookie cutter to get creative.
- Shrimp Cocktail! It’s a great protein. Just keep it on an ice block.
- Grilled chicken and fruit kabobs. Both of these taste great cold!
- I used apple slices instead of bread, and spread peanut butter and raisins for a yummy “apple sandwich.”
Remember to give a variety: Sweet, Salty, Fruit, Protein, and a Veggie!4 foodies love this. Do you?