Rosemary-Crusted Prime Rib
A carefully-selected medium-rare roast that's perfect for entertaining or a romantic dinner for two.
- 3.5 lbs. prime rib roast
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 rosemary sprigs, removed from stem
- 10 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. pepper
- Rub the entire roast with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Chop the rosemary and garlic together, add salt and pepper to the mixture, and spread it onto a cutting board.
- Roll the prime rib around in the mixture until the entire piece of meat is fully coated.
- Place meat on roasting rack and let it brown for 15 minutes at 500°.
- Drop the heat to 375° for an additional 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover the meat with foil, and let it stand until it reaches 145°.
Kali Orexi, Enjoy Your Meal!
Recipe by Thyme with Catherine at http://thymewithcatherine.com/rosemary-crusted-prime-rib/